Floral Designer (Contract)
Position: Contract Floral Designer
Location: Cerritos, CA
A successful Floral Designer at Allstate Floral possesses the ability to work independently as well as in teams, under time constraints while successfully making quick decisions and meeting goals. A solutions oriented approach that is proactive vs. reactive is highly desired. He or she must understand flowers, particularly silk and artificial, and what sizes and shapes go together to make a beautiful arrangement or display, while also keeping within a target budget. A Floral Designer should be passionately creative and possess a keen attention to detail that will help elevate product and visual display design with a mindset towards driving product salability. He or she should possess exceptional understanding of art, style, and use of color. He or she should also be an excellent communicator and have the ability to interact with management, customers and vendors while being aware of diverse cultures and backgrounds. Experience with silk flowers is a must, with an outward passion for the product.
What You’ll Do:
- Create original in-house production designs by selecting artificial flowers, greenery, containers, and accents for arrangements, working with numerous combinations to synthesize and develop new creations.
- Work with buyers to bring their vision and trends to life.
- Work independently and quickly on project based assignments
- Stay current with the industry to maintain awareness of current/future trends and leading edge practices.
- Work with Marketing when needed to assist in the development of advertising, marketing and promotional initiatives that may require visual design displays.
What You’ll Need:
- Ability to professionally communicate with all levels of management and external clients.
- Ability to work independently, at times with little guidance, as well as part of a team.
- Creativity: Designers must create new and exciting pieces within a budget or with limited resources. Being creative helps stay on top of trends.
- Organization: Designers must be organized to keep on top of multiple orders and complicated projects.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Powerpoint
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds without assistance.