ABOUT ALLSTATE FLORAL
At Allstate Floral, anything worth doing is worth doing with “WOW”. Our philosophy is to WOW with product, service, and experience. At Allstate, not only do we have some of the best designs and quality products, but we differentiate ourselves based on the customer experience we provide when our customers interact with our company.
The Administrative Associate at Allstate Floral will provide general administrative support to department managers. This role is 100% onsite. To be successful in this position, one must clearly understand the goals, values and needs of the company. Frequently handles confidential matters and personal information. Day-to-day activities require use of initiative and judgement, particularly when prioritizing work.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies. Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality of managerial decisions and interactions.
- Coordinates division of workload with fellow administrative assistant.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, meeting minutes, charts, tables, graphs, sales reports, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences, meals and department activities for all members of the department.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing systems for executives. Retrieves information from files when needed.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information, calls and emails.
- Sort and organize incoming emails. Drafts written responses or replies by email or phone when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Prioritize task requests from several managers and their teams.
- Work the front desk to greet visitors and triage phone calls as a back-up to the main receptionist.
- Run errands as needed.
- Process expense reports.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Acts as project manager for special projects which may include planning and coordinating multiple events and/or presentations, disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings, creating brochures. Assess plan and make adjustments, as needed. Advise management team of needed changes, based on market research and past events.
- Provide backup coverage to Executive Administrative Assistant.
- Work with Sales VP on several key chain accounts to help maintain momentum of sales orders.
- Communicate with 20+ independent sales representatives.
- Process purchase orders within internal system (UNIX) and website.
- Performs desktop publishing. Creates and develops visual presentations for the vice president.
- Travel domestically to provide sales support at 3 or 4 trade shows per year.
- Technical Capacity
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Thoroughness - Ability to handle projects from conception to completion is necessary for this role.
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma
- Current and valid California driver license
- 3+ years of administrative experience
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree.
- 5+ years of related experience including supporting senior/executive management
SALARY RANGE: $19 - $23 hourly, depending on experience
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer